5.7.09

Point

I've learned that balance is key. The duality of all things is a constant motion.

A concern of mine that has shown itself frequently in the past few weeks (it being Summer break and all) is the balance between intake and output in regards to creativity. I see artistic expression as a product of the artist's observed or percieved stimuli. You can visualize the artist's mind like a filter through which the outside universe passes and transforms into art. This concept could also be applied in the intellectual realm as well with information learned and observed filtering through the individual resulting in, oh I don't know, theories, summaries, etc.

So yeah, basically I want to focus on maintaining that balance as an artist. For me at least, it is all to easy to get caught up in the beauty of everything and just taking it all in and becoming an eardrum or a tongue or just a pair of wandering eyes. I have to push myself to take what I observe and just DO art!

"In the fields of observation, chance favors the prepared mind." -Louis Pasteur

1 comment: